Monday, May 9, 2011

Dumpster Chair

I have always had an affinity for free things. Who can blame me? I have recovered many great pieces of furniture from dumpsters. I clean them and make repairs, reupholster, repaint etc. as needed and I give them a new home. With me. Here is my latest.



It's a child sized chair that was in the dumpster behind my apartment. The fabric would indicate that it is from the 80's. It has obviously seen better days. I removed a few screws and the seat fell out. I removed the old fabric and padding and replaced them. I used fabric that my mother gave me. I spray-painted the rest of it with a can of paint that cost $3.00. The shimmer doesn't show up well in the photo, but it is a metalic gold color. Voila!


It is lovely! And it cost me $3.00! It has a lovely place in Dylans room now.



No comments:

Post a Comment